Occupation: Business Executive
Occupational Background: Performance Improvement, Leadership, Technology
Educational Background: MBA, William & Mary, Mason School of Business. BA, Communication, University at Albany, State University of New York.
Prior Governmental Experience: Appointed to Lake Oswego School Board committee
Community Involvement: Immediate Past Board Chair of OMSI, Past Board Chair of Youth Villages Oregon, Board member of Cascade Pacific Council Scouts BSA, Assistant Scoutmaster of a Scouts BSA troop of girls.
Personal: Married to Kate for 23 years. Father of 2 Lake Oswego graduates and 2 currently in Lake Oswego schools.
The most important thing is that you vote.
Balance, Moderation, True Representation
Oregon needs a more balanced legislature. Supermajority rule is harming this once great state.
- 34% of registered voters control 62% of the House of Representatives
- Voters defeated a gross receipts tax; the legislature chose to pass one anyway
- Oregonians deserve more value for the amount of money we pay in taxes
Governing from the middle and bringing all to the table will get Oregon back on track.
- Partner with business to restore Oregon’s economic strength
- Reasonable, responsible controls and regulations
- Long term planning, not knee jerk politically motivated decisions
All Oregonians deserve a voice; a few individuals in one party should not control decisions for all.
- Public schools must work for all, education standards raised, and curriculum input from parents
- Law enforcement is essential to the well-being of our communities and needs to be supported
- Homeless crisis across the state is getting worse, not better; we need a comprehensive plan
Lake Oswego Councilor John Wendland
Lake Oswego Counselor Aaron Rapf
Portland Business Executive Claudia Valderrama
Small Business Owner Ashley Miller
Former Oregon Republican Party Chair Allen Alley
Former Lake Oswego Board Chair Bob Barman
Former Lake Oswego Mayor Kent Studebaker
Former Lake Oswego Councilor Jeff Gudman
Former Lake Oswego Councilor Skip O’Neill
(This information furnished by Alistair Firmin.)